Summer vacation is a time for your child to be carefree and have a gala time. They are sleeping in till late, staying awake way past their bedtime, watching a lot of TV, playing outdoors to their heart’s content, and eating with abandon. With the soaring heat, it’s only natural that your children reach for cooling drinks, juices and ice cream. And as it turns out, most of these are unhealthy, sugar-laden junk with little to no nutritional value. As a parent, I get it when you worry about their sugar intake, and once your child is full on all the junk, they refuse to eat anything else. So yes, their nutrition is a concern too. What if you could combine the two — your child’s love for everything sweet and cold and your worry about feeding them something healthy? This banana-pineapple ice cream is what I am hinting at! With just three ingredients and just as many simple steps, you can have your own homemade, yummylicious and healthy ice cream ready. So get, set, go!
Preparation time: 10 minutes, and 12 hours for freezing
Serrves: 500 grams of ice cream
- Frozen banana – 2 cups
- Frozen pineapple – 1 cup
- Honey or maple syrup – as per taste (optional)
- In a blender jar, dump all the ingredients and blitz it till it forms a creamy, smooth, ice cream like texture.
- Adjust the honey or maple syrup as per your taste. You can skip it too.
- Plonk all the creamy ice cream into a ceramic or glass container. Give it a good whisk and pop it in the freezer.
- Take it out after 2-3 hours, when it is semi-forzen. Give it a good whisk again. This will ensure that your ice-cream is smooth and lump-free.
- Let if freeze overnight/ 8-9 hours.
- Serve it in a homemade brown bread ice cream cone, or any other way you like.
Published: May 17, 2017 1:59 pm | Updated:May 17, 2017 4:07 pm