A cup of hot tea in the morning or in the evening can help you relieve stress at work or office. But during summers, most of us strictly tend to ignore tea as it is believed that it ups the heat in the body. However, if you are a tea lover, then here’s a simple trick on how you can enjoy tea even in summer. Make the most of the tea this season with iced tea. Having a sip of iced tea with lemon when you reach home on a hot day can be refreshing and it also beats dehydration. Lemon contains antioxidants which flush out toxins from the body and iced tea ups your water intake. And what’s more, you can enjoy it at any time and at any place as it is healthy in nature and low in calories. Here’s is how you can prepare lemon iced tea at home. Also read about sherbet recipes to beat dehydration this summer.
Iced tea ingredients:
Tea leaves or powder – 8 teaspoons (if using a tea bag, you can use eight tea bags)
Ice cubes (as per requirement)
Half a slice of lemon or a teaspoon of lemon juice
Water – 8 cups
Honey – 1 teaspoon
How to prepare lemon iced tea at home:
1. Take a large saucepan and add around 4 cups of water in it. Place the pan over medium flame and bring it to a boil.
2. Once the water starts boiling, remove the pan from the heat and add tea bags or tea powder. Cover it with a lid and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
3. If you are using tea bags, you can remove tea bags and pour tea decoction in a jug or a bottle. However, if you have been using tea powder, then strain the decoction to get a clear solution.
4. Now, add four cups of cold water to the tea decoction in the jug or bottle. Also, add few ice cubes and store it in a refrigerator.
5. If you want to drink lemon iced tea, then pour the decoction in a glass, squeeze half a lemon in it. Add a teaspoon of honey, mix and drink it. You can even add mint (if you like the flavour).
6. Alternately, you can add slices of lemon in the water along with tea bags or leaves and store it in the fridge. Before drinking, pour in a glass and add honey.
Also read about watermelon iced tea for younger looking skin.
Note: Make sure you do not immerse tea in hot water for long as it might give it a bitter taste.
Image Source: Shutterstock
Published: May 18, 2017 5:03 pm