Shilpa Shetty Kundra recently shared with us a yoga asana that she recommends for joint and muscle pain for people who have a desk job and suffer stiffness in their body because of sitting for a long time and lack of exercise. It is called Tadasana which is also known as upward salute. If you perform this yoga asana in the morning after consuming two glasses of hot water, you can also combat constipation.
Here’s how to do the asana:
- Stand with your feet slightly apart, aligning your feet with your shoulders.
- Place your arms by your side, with your body weight equally divided on both feet.
- Raise your arms, interlock your fingers and turn the palm upward.
- Focus on one point right ahead of you and concentrate.
- Breathing deeply, raise your hands and stand on your toes putting all your weight on them.
- Tighten your elbows, keep your hands straight and look ahead. Breath in while stretching upwards and breath out while coming down.
- Back to starting position.
Repeat this up to 7 times a day. Treating muscle pain and constipation isn’t the only health benefit that this yoga asana has, here are other health benefits of this asana:
- It develops physical and mental balance.
- Improves body posture.
- Helps to increase height.
- Good for digestive systems.
We are in love with Shilpa Shetty and the way she’s helping us get fitter! Please try this yoga asana and let us know in the comments section about your experience. If there is anything that you want to share, put that down too. (You may also want to read: Here’s a healthy recipe by Shilpa Shetty Kundra that will help you lose weight and improve your digestion )
Image: Shilpa Shetty kundra (https://www.facebook.com/TheShilpaShetty/ )
Published: May 18, 2017 6:00 pm